freetds - Re: [freetds] Does this replace freetds ?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Does this replace freetds ?
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 22:05:20 -0500

On Wed, 30 Nov 2011 14:41:29 -0500
Ravi Krishna <rkusenet AT hotmail.com> wrote:

> http://blogs.technet.com/b/dataplatforminsider/archive/2011/11/28/available-today-preview-release-of-the-sql-server-odbc-driver-for-linux.aspx
> I hope the above does not make freetds redundant.

Better than hope: analyze. List the features of FreeTDS and of
Microsoft's ODBC driver that matter to you. If the union equals the
intersection, one is redundant, else not.

It's certainly news -- and welcome news, at that -- when Microsoft
offers a Linux driver. It also validates (part of) what we've
been doing all these years.