freetds - [freetds] Building the ODBC Driver

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steve Teale <steve.teale AT britseyeview.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Building the ODBC Driver
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 11:52:10 +0300

Hoping to get better results than I got with the library that Ubuntu's
package management system gave me, I downloaded the FreeTDS source and
built it.

When I installed the Ubuntu version I got two libraries - libtdsodbc.so
and libtdsS.so. I entered these in the ODBCConfig GUI to register a
driver, and things worked.

Now I see a brand new libtdsodbc.so with todays date, but nothing that I
can relate to libtdsS.so.

To set up a driver, ODBCConfig asks for two library files - driver, and
setup. What do I tell it?

Just a curious question really - it is not really holding me up, since I
can use a DSN-less connection with just libtdsodbc.

Steve