freetds - Re: [freetds] Column types reported from SQL Server 1008

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steve Teale <steve.teale AT britseyeview.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Column types reported from SQL Server 1008
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 19:58:53 +0300

Thanks James,

So at least I know where I am now.

Everyone needs more hands. I'm up to my neck with various efforts toward
D modules for database access. I shall switch over to Microsoft's ODBC
for the moment, then at least I might be able to get an approximation to
what my final ODBC interface might be. But I do want to get a Linux/SQL
Server implementation going.

I see that MS are threatening a Linux ODBC driver, but only a 64 bit one
at the moment.

What would be your position on licensing if I were to think about doing
a translation of FreeTDS to D. The D standard library Phobos uses the
Boost license. The ideal is just a D module with no associated library.

Thanks again
Steve