freetds - Re: [freetds] INT_EXIT error returned for msgno 20009

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] INT_EXIT error returned for msgno 20009
  • Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 19:13:47 -0400

On Tue, 1 Nov 2011 09:45:55 -0400
"J.A." <und3r53v3n AT gmail.com> wrote:

> How do I build t0001 ?

http://www.freetds.org/userguide/confirminstall.htm

Instructions for the unit tests are at the bottom of that page.

> Also the bit you left at the bottom I don't quite follow.

(Top-posting makes this harder than it has to be. "that bit at the
bottom" would be clear if quoted verbatim, and easier to answer.)

I think you mean my invocation of the unit test:

$ build/src/dblib/unittests/t0001 -S localhost

and the output

found localhost.FreeTDS for jkl in "../../../PWD"
About to logon as "jkl"
About to open "localhost"
DB-LIBRARY error (dberr 20009 (severity 9):
"Unable to connect: Adaptive Server is unavailable
or does not exist"; oserr 61: "Connection refused")

My PWD file has valid information, useful for running the tests. To
show you what msgno 20009 looks like with an error handler installed, I
invoked the unit test with the -S option, forcing it to use another
machine -- localhost -- that is not running a server.