freetds - [freetds] Help with charset

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Nelson A. de Oliveira" <naoliv AT gmail.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Help with charset
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 10:42:00 -0300

Hi!

I am having a small issue with the wrong charset when using freetds.
While testing some queries with sqsh and trying to define the charset
with every method explained in sqsh's manpage (and failing to get the
correct result), I saw that the same wrong behavior is happening with
tsql.

For example, an entry that should be correctly displayed as BÁRBARA
NÓBREGA is being returned as BµRBARA NàBREGA (everything that has an
accent is wrongly displayed).

I have tried to define "client charset = UTF-8" in freetds.conf but I
always get the same wrong results.
Installed freetds is Debian's 0.82-8

Is this something that has been (or could be) fixed in newer versions?
How can I debug this (or correctly define the charset), please?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Nelson