freetds - Re: [freetds] client charset, character data encoding

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: LacaK <lacak AT zoznam.sk>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] client charset, character data encoding
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 12:09:59 +0200

LacaK wrote / napĂ­sal(a):
This tell that you compile FreeTDS without iconv support. In this case
CP1250 is not supported. You should enable iconv support (probably you
don't have development libraries for libiconv).
Thank you all very much.
It makes sense for me now.
Now, I have downloaded "iconv" from http://www.gnu.org/s/libiconv/ is it right version ?
How to compile with this version ? is it complicated ?
(I am not C++ developer, and I compile under windows with MS C++ 2005)
If it is not complicated can you help me what to do ?
TIA
-Laco.

Answer to my own question:
1. Download libiconv for Windows from http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/libiconv.htm
2. in libTDS / Header Files edit config.h and uncomment #define HAVE_ICONV 1
3. in Project properties:
libTDS: C/C++ / General / Additional Include Directories add path to downloaded sources "include/iconv.h"
dblib_dll: Linker / Input / Additional Dependencies add "lib/libiconv.lib"

-Laco.