freetds - [freetds] HOW TO insert binary data into IMAGE column using db-lib

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: LacaK <lacak AT zoznam.sk>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] HOW TO insert binary data into IMAGE column using db-lib
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 12:47:40 +0200

Hi,
excuse me for another question.
Now I catch problem with sending sql INSERT statement with binary data > 4KB
I use dbcmd + dbsqlexec (because AFAIK db-lib does not support parameter binding only result columns binding)
ATM I send sql command like this:
"insert into table1 (col1, image_col) values(1, 0x...)"
but only first 4096 bytes are writen into image column ?

Is there any way how to solve this (how to send full length binary data)?
(Only way which I can see is on the fly create temporary stored procedure with one insert statement and then use :
dbrpcinit + dbrpcparam + dbrpcexec)

I know, that there is family of db-lib functions, which works with IMAGE/TEXT data, but they require "text or image pointer", which is unknown at insertion time.

Are there any plans for extending db-lib to support parameter binding for sql statements (something like ODBC has)?

TIA
-Laco.