freetds - Re: [freetds] FreeTDS 0.9.1 problem build on Solaris 10x86

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Todd Szymanski <gator AT szymanski.net>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] FreeTDS 0.9.1 problem build on Solaris 10x86
  • Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 16:09:51 -0400

I went back to the build environment. The two install binaries on
Solairs /usr/sbin/install and /usr/ucb/install seem to be consider
incompatible in the configure source and are excluded. That leaves
the install-sh, which the one that is included in the distribution is
old, so it fails.

However, I copied the /usr/ucb/install on Solaris over to
/usr/bin/install and reran the configure, which then picked it up.
After it decided to use the install binary I copied everything worked.

So either the install-sh needs to get upgraded or the configure script
shouldn't exclude /usr/ucb/install on Solaris.