freetds - [freetds] feature changes between 0.82 and 0.91

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Mike Slifcak <slif AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: FreeTDS AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] feature changes between 0.82 and 0.91
  • Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2011 12:04:22 -0400

Hi, FreeTDS developers.
Thank you for producing this library.
I'm still somewhat new to the project, but I have not found the information
I'm looking for. I'll be glad to take directions and pointers that you may
offer.

Is there a brief description of the new capabilities for 0.91?
I'm looking particularly for leverage to convince existing 0.82 users to
upgrade.

Do the new capabilities require configuration change? I know of one 'yes'
case.

Also, are there any constructs or uses which should be considered 'old' or
deprecated,
which your team plans to obsolete in upcoming releases? Something akin to a migration guide, if that makes sense.

Thank you,
-Mike Slifcak