freetds - [freetds] TSQL Connects, PHP MSSQL extension doesn't

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: David Krause <david AT cvaadv.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] TSQL Connects, PHP MSSQL extension doesn't
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 13:37:54 -0500

I am working on a Mac running OS X 10.6.7. I am trying to connect to a SQL
Server 2008 on Windows 7 that is installed on the same computer in a virtual
environment (Parallels).

I connect to TSQL as root user in terminal just fine. I installed the php
extension for mssql. It appears just fine in my phpinfo. It also works when I
test if the extensions functions are there.

When I try to connect though the php extension I keep getting this error:
Warning: mssql_connect(): Unable to connect to server: 192.168.1.49:46446.

I have also noticed that when I connect to TSQL from the terminal, tsql
writes to the freetds.log. When I try to connect from my php extension it
doesn't write to the freetds.log.

This the configure command that I used to build FreeTDS:

$ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/freetds --enable-msdblib

This the configure command that I used to build the PHP module:

$ ./configure --with-mssql=/usr/local/freetds

David Krause

  • [freetds] TSQL Connects, PHP MSSQL extension doesn't, David Krause, 07/14/2011