freetds - Re: [freetds] UTF-8 on Windows XP

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: ccvural AT cerenbilgisayar.com.tr
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] UTF-8 on Windows XP
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 21:28:40 +0300

Hi David,

We use Qt (http://qt.nokia.com/).

So we cannot connect to FreeTDs directly. Qt does. ( In fact we dont want :)
)

Nowadays , we , all programmers use UTF-8 as the default charset. I think ,
this is the best choise to make DATA platform independent.

An also , ı think , FreeTDS must use / must give an option to use UTF-8 as
the default charset.

Thanks for your interest

Regards