freetds - Re: [freetds] freeTDS under MinGW

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Luis Lavena <luislavena AT gmail.com>
  • To: Sergio NNX <sfhacker AT hotmail.com>, FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] freeTDS under MinGW
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 11:44:41 -0300

On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 7:06 AM, Sergio NNX <sfhacker AT hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Luis,
>
> Thanks for your 'pronto' response. I'm trying to build freeTDS 0.91RC2 with
> exactly the same environment and params as with the previous of freeTDS
> version and now I face the below problem (when linking):
>

> *** Warning: Trying to link with static lib archive /mingw/lib/libiconv.a.
> *** I have the capability to make that library automatically link in when
> *** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
> *** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
> *** because the file extensions .a of this argument makes me believe
> *** that it is just a static archive that I should not use here.

That seems to me a warning, not an error, still the process completed
successfully without saying "make: error" :-)

Dunno how you compiled or obtained libiconv, perhaps that is where the
problem lies.

> I didn't have the above issue with freeTDS 0.82. Can you shed some light
> here?

I've done the compilation of both FreeTDS and libiconv as static and
shared libraries (not mixing them) and all worked fine).

Perhaps is the problem you're doing dll for freetds while iconv is static.
--
Luis Lavena
AREA 17