freetds - [freetds] building 0.82 for cygwin: checking for SQLConnect

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Dave Dumaresq <ddumaresq AT bccampus.ca>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] building 0.82 for cygwin: checking for SQLConnect
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 13:54:48 -0700

Hi, I'm trying to build a driver that I can use with unixodbc, which I have installed in /usr/local.
From my understanding, ./configure will detect my driver manager, so I did not specify it in the command:

$ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/freetds --with-tdsver=8.0 --enable- shared

But it seems that configure doesn't detect a driver manager. Is that a correct reading of this output:
checking compile-time options
looking for installed odbc driver manager
checking for SQLConnect in -liodbc... no
checking for SQLConnect in -lodbc... no
checking for SQLSETPOSIROW... yes
checking for SQLROWSETSIZE... yes
checking for SQLROWOFFSET... yes
checking for SQLWCHAR... yes
checking size of SQLWCHAR... 2

Is there a way of telling if my driver manager has been found?

Thanks,
Dave

--
Dave Dumaresq
Technical Analyst - BCcampus

  • [freetds] building 0.82 for cygwin: checking for SQLConnect, Dave Dumaresq, 06/09/2011