freetds - [freetds] Certificate

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Tony Baldarelli" <tbaldarelli AT wmsvision.com>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Certificate
  • Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 19:34:49 -0400

Hello,
I installed a self signed certificate in SQL Server 2005, using
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sql_protocols/archive/2007/06/27/install-a-self-sign
ed-test-certificate-that-can-be-loaded-by-sql-server-automatically.aspx. I
then used tsql to connect to this server without any problems.

Question 1: Should I have done anything else? It just surprised me that I
did not have to do anything else. I am sure it is ignorance on my part, but
just making sure.

Question 2: Is there any way to reference a certification file? I don't
know if I need to yet, but might as well ask now just in case.

Here is my configuration file ( from freetds.conf ).
[MyServer2005]
host = 192.168.254.91
port = 1433
tds version = 8.0
encryption = required

Here is my tsql version:
[tonyb:v9_odbc:V3_18]> tsql -C
Compile-time settings (established with the "configure" script)
Version: freetds v0.91.dev.20110409RC1
freetds.conf directory: /usr/local/etc
MS db-lib source compatibility: no
Sybase binary compatibility: no
Thread safety: yes
iconv library: yes
TDS version: 5.0
iODBC: no
unixodbc: yes
SSPI "trusted" logins: no
Kerberos: no
[tonyb:v9_odbc:V3_18]>

Thanks for your help.

Tony

  • [freetds] Certificate, Tony Baldarelli, 05/03/2011