freetds - Re: [freetds] Support Host/Port In DBLIB

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Ken Collins <ken AT metaskills.net>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Support Host/Port In DBLIB
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 21:14:49 -0400

>> If we want to add many attributes even in dblib I think we should
>> think about a standard way to add these. For this reason and cause the
>> patch is about adding feature I personally won't put it in rc version.
>
> Agreed. Except all this name decorating (:port, \instance) is ad hoc
> and not well supported. Environment variables are the way to go.
>
> --jkl

Currently the host and port are not working on Windows and sometimes unix'y
platforms. I am debugging and plan on reporting back soon with my finding and
hopefully a patch or at the least a clear understanding with how to make this
work across the board and where things have broken down.

More to come...

- Ken