freetds - [freetds] SYBEWRIT - Write to SQL Server failed.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Ken Collins <ken AT metaskills.net>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] SYBEWRIT - Write to SQL Server failed.
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 21:19:15 -0400

I'm am seeing these errors when a dblib network connection is open and not
used for ~60 seconds. This only happens on non-local network connections that
are inactive. Has anyone see this before? I've gotten a lot of reports from
various users of TinyTDS and I am trying to flesh out my error handler to
cope with these better, but it just seems odd that I can produce this write
error consistently. Any thoughts?

- Ken