freetds - Re: [freetds] Using DBLIB With Azure

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Ken Collins <ken AT metaskills.net>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Using DBLIB With Azure
  • Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 09:03:58 -0400

Success!!

> DBSETLDBNAME() is the most natural way to extend db-lib to include the
> database name in the login packet. It will require modifying TDSLOGIN to
> hold the name, and tds_config_login() to copy it to the TDSCONNECTION.

Attached is a diff/patch that I am able to confirm works for me and allows me
to connection with TinyTDS. This means any db-lib can not use DBSETLDBNAME to
do the same. In case the attachment for the patch does not come thru, here it
is in a gist. https://gist.github.com/889190

James, can this small function make it into the release?

- Ken