freetds - [freetds] tsql dumping core on exit

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Jim Vanderveen <jim.vanderveen AT owp.csus.edu>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] tsql dumping core on exit
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 11:50:26 -0700

I'm having some trouble with FreeTDS/tsql on my FreeBSD system, hoping
that somebody else has seen this already. I had to update some ports
over the weekend (including FreeTDS), and now tsql gives me a core
dump whenever I exit. I can connect okay, and as long as I never quit
tsql there's no problem.

Below I have the output of my test script. uname -a, tsql -C, my
FreeTDS config file, and a sample tsql run. I haven't found anything
on Google, either. Is this just a tsql problem, (i.e. FreeTDS is fine,
but tsql dumps core)? Does anybody have suggestions for things I
should check?

TIA,
Jim Vanderveen

(script output follows)

System info:
FreeBSD owp-bsdtest.saclink.csus.edu 7.3-RELEASE-p2
FreeBSD 7.3-RELEASE-p2 #0: Mon Jul 12 19:04:04 UTC 2010
root AT i386-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC i386
----------
tsql info:
Compile-time settings (established with the "configure" script):
Version: freetds v0.64
MS db-lib source compatibility: yes
Sybase binary compatibility: unknown
Thread safety: yes
iconv library: yes
TDS version: 5.0
iODBC: no
unixodbc: no
----------
FreeTDS config file:

# Global settings, any value here may be overridden by a database
# server specific section
[global]
# TDS protocol version
tds version = 8.0

# The "server" (e.g. for tsql -S) is whatever is in brackets below,
# NOT NECCESSARILY the hostname!
[development]
host = (our MSSQL's DNS name)
port = 1433
client charset = UTF-8
tds version = 8.0
text size = 20971520
timeout = 30
connect timeout = 15
encryption = required
dump file = (dump file location)
debug flags = 0xffff

Sample tsql query:
----------
locale is "C"
locale charset is "US-ASCII"
1>
2> use owp
3> GO
1>
2> select count(*) from students
3> GO

151761
1>
2> exit
./test: line 22: 34495 Segmentation fault: 11 (core dumped) tsql -S
development -U intranet