freetds - Re: [freetds] freetds on Solaris

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Robert Boehne <robertb AT trdlnk.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] freetds on Solaris
  • Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 11:19:51 -0600

I would have to say the problem is that

/usr/local/lib/libodbc.so

is a 64-bit library. It should be installed in a directory for 64-bit libraries only, such as /usr/local/lib64.

Ken.Prochaska AT bench.com wrote:
We are trying to install freetds on Solaris. We have also installed unixODBC
in /usr/local. We run the configure cmd successfully without any errors.
Then proceed to the make cmd. This is where we start getting issues. We get
the following error:

/bin/bash ../../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link gcc -D_REENTRANT -pthreads -g -O2
Wdeclaration-after-statement -L/usr/local/lib -o bsqlodbc
bsqlodbc-bsqlodbc.
-lodbc ../replacements/libreplacements.la -lnsl -lsocket
gcc -D_REENTRANT -pthreads -g -O2 -Wdeclaration-after-statement -o bsqlodbc
bsq
odbc-bsqlodbc.o -L/usr/local/lib /usr/local/lib/libodbc.so -ldl -lthread
../re
lacements/.libs/libreplacements.a -lnsl -lsocket -R/usr/local/lib
-R/usr/local/
ib
ld: fatal: file /usr/local/lib/libodbc.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to bsqlodbc
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `bsqlodbc'
Current working directory /p6xbaan/freetds-0.82/src/apps
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
Current working directory /p6xbaan/freetds-0.82/src/apps
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
Current working directory /p6xbaan/freetds-0.82/src
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'

It looks like there is a library that is missing or is mapped wrong in the
path, but I am not sure what it is. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken Prochaska
Corporate IT
(979) 849-6550 x1391