freetds - [freetds] Release or not release

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Release or not release
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 17:12:56 +0100

(cfr http://www.toonpool.com/cartoons/to%20be%20or%20not%20to%20be_26144)

Not to be pedantic but release delay start to be a big obstacle. Many
of the patches I have in my pocket start to be very inapplicable! I
just can't say "if you want to try this...:
- ... apply these patches... cause this would require some Internet
place where to store my patches
- ... download snapshot... cause snapshot is already far away from
"stable" release and far away to be in development stage
One way improve this situation would be to have a new branch in CVS
but honestly maintaining another branch in CVS is very painful (CVS is
very terrible!).
After thinking for a while I think the most clean way is fork from
main trunk, a sort of freetds-ng using a supporting site (like
SourceForge).

Frediano Ziglio

  • [freetds] Release or not release, Frediano Ziglio, 01/24/2011