freetds - [freetds] tsql connects but prompt incs 1, 2, 3

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Ryp Walters" <ryp AT overcoffee.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] tsql connects but prompt incs 1, 2, 3
  • Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 11:28:41 -0600

After compiling freeTDS (0.82) on my redhat linux box (without issue), I get
the following when I try to connect to my SQL box:

[root@XXX apps]# TDSVER=4.2 ./tsql -H XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX -p 1433 -U XXX
locale is "en_US.UTF-8"
locale charset is "UTF-8"
Password:
1
2
3
4
5

It pauses and accepts my password.

I do not get the '1>' prompt. The prompt has no '>' and does not accept any
commands. The prompt increments by one every second. I've tried compiling
on three difference boxes with difference versions of redhat, but get the
same result every time.

I've tried compiling with the following commands and gotten the same result:

./configure --enable-msdblib --prefix=/usr/local/freetds
./configure --with-tdsver=4.2

All help appreciated!