freetds - [freetds] Using server host/port with dblib api.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Ken Collins <ken AT metaskills.net>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Using server host/port with dblib api.
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 20:51:31 -0400

So I am using the dblib api in my TinyTds ruby binding [1] and I have always
noticed that I have to specify the dataserver name in freetds.conf for a
connection to be established. Would this be considered a bug or is a host
and/or custom port not allowed? I looked over the source and it seems to take
the dataserver name passed to dbopen() and eventually calls tds_set_server(),
which is the same function used in the tsql example. So why can I not put in
a host name?

- Thanks in advance,
Ken

[1] http://github.com/rails-sqlserver/tiny_tds

  • [freetds] Using server host/port with dblib api., Ken Collins, 10/30/2010