freetds - Re: [freetds] Help connecting with tds to MSSQL 2008 - solution found

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Gal Rubinstein <galrub AT gmail.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Help connecting with tds to MSSQL 2008 - solution found
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 15:59:20 +0200

On 9/21/2010 3:25 PM, Gal Rubinstein wrote:
Hello all,

the after looking into the socket problem it accrued to me that I forgot to mention an important fact, I'm using windows 7.
RAW sockets have been limited on this version of windows!

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms740548(VS.85).aspx <http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms740548%28VS.85%29.aspx>

on a different site (http://cs.baylor.edu/~donahoo/practical/CSockets/practical/ <http://cs.baylor.edu/%7Edonahoo/practical/CSockets/practical/>) a different socket connection method is used, using connect().
the function called is :int connect(int socket, const struct sockaddr* addr, int addrlen)

since I'm quite a beginner in C++, can anyone add this alternative to the net.c source, maybe surround it with a #ifdef.

Thanks a lot...

PS: cant wait to move to linux with this project, only after we show a WIN7 version can we move on... damn!

on the page https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/freetds/2010q2/025891.html....
INITSOCKET() did the trick!!!