freetds - [freetds] big problem when I use dbopen

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Difei Qi <fredericqi AT gmail.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org, freetds-request AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] big problem when I use dbopen
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 15:56:11 +0800

hello, I encounter a big problem when I use freeTDS.
My program must receive thousands of connections from different users. When
I have open these handles, if I use "dbopen()" of freeTDS,the problem will
core dump at once.

You can simply test the situation in this way:
first turn on the ulimit -n on Linux to append open files to a high num,
saying, 10240;
and then open more then 1900 handles of one file and do not close them,and
then try to "dbopen()", the problem will immediately core dump.

FILE *fp[2000]
for(int i=0;i<1900;i++)
(
fp[i]=fopen("noclosefile","r");