freetds - [freetds] freeTDS on HP-UX 11.31

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Joseph Watson <jtwatson AT linux-consulting.us>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] freeTDS on HP-UX 11.31
  • Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2010 19:17:48 -0400

Hello,

I am trying to connect from my HP-UX 11.31 server to Microsoft SQL Server
2005.

Compiling and installing unixODBC was very easy. No errors. I just had to
add sim links because /usr/local/bin is not in my path.

freeTDS is another story. Configure seems to go good, but make bombs with
some errors.

I am hoping someone can help me trouble shoot this a bit.

There are directions on the freeTDS website that I am trying to follow, but
it does not work out for me the same.

http://www.freetds.org/contrib/hpux/<http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1442632>

I am using the following for configure:

env CC=cc CFLAGS="+O2 -I/usr/local/include"
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib/hpux32" ./configure --with-tdsver=8.0
--with-unixodbc=/usr/local --with-libiconv-prefix=/usr/local/lib/hpux32

This completes without issues (that I could see).

I then run make and if fails with the errors that I cant figure out.

I attached the make log but the config log is to big to attach (Server
rejected anything over 75K)

I can break it in two and send it if it would be of value.

Any help or pointers will be much appreciated.

-- Regards

Joseph Watson