freetds - [freetds] FreeTDS on Windows

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: LacaK <lacak AT zoznam.sk>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] FreeTDS on Windows
  • Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2010 07:37:32 +0200

Hi,
I am new to FreeTDS and I would like to ask some questions about ussage on Windows.
My final goal is use FreeTDS with Delphi/Freepascal.
My first question is how to compile and with which compiler for Windows?
I try use MS Visual C++ 2005 Express and project FreeTDS.dsw in Win32/msvc6 directory.
(my attempt with Dev-C++ was not successful ... I am not C/C++ programmer ;-()
I can sucessfully compile, but I get only FreeTDS.dll (odbc?), dblib.lib and libTDS.lib,
but if I understand correctly, I need dblib.dll (replacement of ntwdblib.dll provided by MS), because db-lib is application API intended for usage FreeTDS in custom programs, does not ?
Please give me some help how to compile/use (It will be great if there will be available precompiled binaries for Windows)
And my second question is if FreeTDS can also be compiled/used for/in WindowsCE ?
TIA
L.

  • [freetds] FreeTDS on Windows, LacaK, 08/03/2010