freetds - [freetds] Fixed length format file without delimeter [NC]

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Cedric ROUVRAIS <cedric.rouvrais AT sgcib.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Fixed length format file without delimeter [NC]
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 11:24:56 -0400

Hi guys,

Does anyone have a sample format file of fixed length fields without
delimeters. In the tests we are doing we keep getting

Msg 20079, Level 2
For bulk copy, all variable-length data must have either a length-prefix or
a terminator specified

Failed to parse the format file correctly

Here is the format file we are playing with:

10.0
2
1 SYBCHAR 0 2 "" 1 id
2 SYBCHAR 0 6 "\n" 2 name

Basically this is a simple file with two fields. Field a is the first 2
chars and field two is the next 6 chars.

For example (two lines):

11Fred
12Cedric

Thank you,

Cedric

This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential, intended
solely for the addressee(s), and may contain legally privileged information.
Any unauthorised use or dissemination is prohibited. E-mails are susceptible
to alteration. Neither SOCIETE GENERALE nor any of its subsidiaries or
affiliates shall be liable for the message if altered, changed or falsified.

  • [freetds] Crashing a lot, Federico Alves, 04/30/2010
    • [freetds] Fixed length format file without delimeter [NC], Cedric ROUVRAIS, 04/30/2010