freetds - [freetds] Connect to Remote MSSQL Server DB errors out

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Grellinger <brian.grellinger AT gmail.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Connect to Remote MSSQL Server DB errors out
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 15:38:59 -0400

Hi,

Using FreeTDS  v0.83.dev.20090104 on AIX

We have a 4GL program that extracts data from a remote MSSQL database,
extracts additional data from an Informix database, merges the 2 using
temp tables, and outputs the results to a file.

The MSSQL database is in a remote location accessed via WAN
connection, the Informix database is on the local network.
Sometimes it works OK, but most of the time we get this error:

<
Program stopped at 'o_maxfile.4gl', line number 101.
SQL statement error number -6372 (-5242).
[FreeTDS][SQL Server]An inconsistency was detected during an internal
operation in database 'tempdb'(ID:2) on page (1:5935). Please
contact technical support. Reference number 6.

The code snippet where this error occurs is below:
   93  set connection "mt_max"   ### This is the MSSQL database
   94
   95  display "Get existing Dealers ... "
   96  declare max2 cursor for
   97  select distinct A_DEALER_CODE
   98  from A_DEALER_CODE
   99  where A_DEALER_CODE is not null
101   foreach max2 into  p_customer

Sometimes it gets past this point, and errors on the next table we try
to get data from.

We have other 4GL programs that use FreeTDS to access Informix and
MSSQL DBs that are both on the local network and they work fine, so
maybe there is a parameter we need to address for the WAN connection?

Thanks

Brian