freetds - [freetds] Anyway to clear the 'text size' set in the default freetds.conf file

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Ben <PublicMailbox AT benslade.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Anyway to clear the 'text size' set in the default freetds.conf file
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 14:42:51 -0500 (CDT)

I work at a large site that has a default freetds configuration
file setup as part of standard perl setup. The problem is, the
central/default config file sets the 'text size' option, but some
types of servers don't like the "set text size" command caused by
that command (causes failed logins).

How can I unset the 'text size' option so that freetds doesn't
send the "set text size" command to the server?

I've tried the setting the FREETDSCONF env variable and/or using a
.freetds.conf file in my home directory. But even if I set the
'text size' option to an empty string or a null in the my
freetds.conf file, the 'text size' option from the central/default
conf file gets processed next and takes effect.

Thanks
Ben Slade
DBA at NCBI.NLM.NIH.gov

Use the link below to start your 30 Day Free Trial of Spam
Arrest:
http://www.spamarrest.com/raf?rafId=4004525