freetds - Re: [freetds] osql error

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Lee Hughes <lee AT hughesys.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] osql error
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 12:45:38 -0700

JKL-

Thanks for the tip. I did as you instructed and installed osql from the
latest snapshot. This got me much further with troubleshooting, very nice
tool.

I now have tsql, isql, and OpenOffice successfully connecting to my SQL
Server. But I cannot connect with osql or ruby-odbc which is my end goal.

osql fails with

"Server" found, not using freetds.conf
Server is "192.168.1.101"
looking up hostname for ip address 192.168.1.101
osql: warning: no DNS hostname found for "192.168.1.101"

I have an entry in /etc/hosts for this IP address so I'm not sure why it's
failing or how to correct that.

When I try to connect from ruby-odbc (ODBC.connect('MY_DSN')) with tracing
enabled, the following errors appear in the trace file:

DIAG [01000] [FreeTDS][SQL Server]Adaptive Server connection
failed

DIAG [S1000] [FreeTDS][SQL Server]Unable to connect to data
source

Thanks for any light you can shed on these errors.

Lee