freetds - Re: [freetds] SQL_ATTR_TRACE option doesn't work

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] SQL_ATTR_TRACE option doesn't work
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 18:32:48 -0400

mgrosman AT pathcom.com wrote:

> I'm calling this API:
> ::SQLSetConnectAttr(
> hdbc,
> SQL_ATTR_TRACE,
> (SQLPOINTER)sitrace,
> 0 );
>
> where sitrace is one of SQL_OPT_TRACE_ON or SQL_OPT_TRACE_OFF
> and get this error back:
>
> HY092, Native error: 0, Msg: [FreeTDS][SQL Server]Invalid option;
>
> I checked the source code in odbc.c and found that unless TDS_NO_DM is
> defined the driver doesn't understand this option.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms713605(VS.85).aspx

It's normally a DM feature:

"An SQLUINTEGER value telling the Driver Manager whether to perform
tracing:

SQL_OPT_TRACE_OFF = Tracing off (the default)
SQL_OPT_TRACE_ON = Tracing on

When tracing is on, the Driver Manager writes each ODBC function call to
the trace file."

It's not supported by the driver unless there's no DM present. If you
removed the preprocessor guards, I would think you'd hit some kind of
conflict.

HTH.