freetds - Re: [freetds] Getting ORA-28528: Heterogeneous Services datatypeconversion error

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Getting ORA-28528: Heterogeneous Services datatypeconversion error
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 09:52:03 +0200

Hi,
if you followed the link you post initially
(http://www.gotodba.com/install-and-configure-db-link-to-sql-server-database-in-linux.html)
you compiled from sources (configure and make is the "standard" way
many programs use to compile). Oracle suggestion (upgrade unixODBC to
2.2.14) is IMHO mandatory. You could download updated version from
http://ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/ALPHA/freetds/stable/ (patched) and
follow same steps you found in the link.

Regards
Frediano Ziglio