freetds - [freetds] problem connecting to datasource defined in freetds.conf

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Patrick Kaeding <pkaeding AT southbridgelaw.net>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] problem connecting to datasource defined in freetds.conf
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 17:17:02 -0700

I can connect successfully to my database using `tsql` when I bypass
the freetds.conf file, like so:

% TDSVER=8.0 tsql -H 10.100.102.202 -p 1086 -U sa

After I enter my password, I am presented with a `1>` prompt, and it
is ready for my commands.

However, if I try to connect using the definition in my freetds.conf
file, like this:

% tsql -S Millie -U sa

after entering my password, it seems to be trying to generate a
prompt, but it just keeps counting. I will see `1`, followed by `2`,
etc, without ever displaying a `>` character.

Here is what I have for my freetds.conf:

[global]
# TDS protocol version
tds version = 8.0
text size = 64512

[Millie]
host = 10.100.102.202
port = 1086

What could be causing this anomaly?

If it helps, here is the output of `tsql -C`:

% tsql -C
Compile-time settings (established with the "configure" script)
Version: freetds v0.82
freetds.conf directory: /usr/local/etc
MS db-lib source compatibility: no
Sybase binary compatibility: no