freetds - [freetds] ORA-28500: connection from ORACLE to a non-Oracle system

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Vadala, Sreedhar" <svadala AT icgcommerce.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] ORA-28500: connection from ORACLE to a non-Oracle system
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 17:25:37 -0400

Hi,

I am trying to connect SQL server from Oracle database 10g R2 on Linux
(OEL 5).

I have configured FreeTDS using below link.

http://www.gotodba.com/install-and-configure-db-link-to-sql-server-datab
ase-in-linux.html

I am getting below error while connecting to MS SQL Server database.

ORA-28500: connection from ORACLE to a non-Oracle system returned this
message:

Any ideas how to resolve the 28500 issue??

Thanks,

Sreedhar Vadala

484-690-5079

This e-mail is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only and may contain
privileged, confidential, or proprietary information of ICG Commerce. If you
have received this message in error, please e-mail administrator at
postmaster AT icgcommerce.com, then delete the e-mail and destroy any printed
copy. ICG Commerce reserves the right to retain, archive, use and disclose
any emails that are sent from or to this email address. Thank you.

www.icgcommerce.com

  • [freetds] ORA-28500: connection from ORACLE to a non-Oracle system, Vadala, Sreedhar, 03/24/2010