freetds - Re: [freetds] Problem with connection.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Problem with connection.
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 09:50:16 +0100

I looked at header, documentation and googled... there is no direct
support for bigint in dblib... you should use numeric. DBINT8/DBINT64
would be an extension to dblib. It seems Sybase defined support for
bigint only for ctlib (odbc already support 64bit integers) using
CS_BIGINT. We could define an extension for this binding and type.
tds_willconvert and tds_convert already support SYBINT8 so the
extension would affect only dblib library not libTDS code.

freddy77