freetds - Re: [freetds] Using freetds in Windows

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Trilok Khairnar <trilokgk AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Using freetds in Windows
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 01:13:11 +0530

The Moodle Server provides a PHP extension DLL *php_dblib*.DLL as FreeTDS on
windows, as documented in Using FreeTDS on WIndows.
<http://docs.moodle.org/en/Installing_MSSQL_for_PHP#Using_FreeTDS_on_Windows>

I could connect to SQL Server from PHP 5.3 (the version compiled with VC9,
thread safe) by enabling this extension and setting the FREETDSCONF variable
as suggested by Paul.

I guess this is using DBLIB. I will try to use ODBC through FreeTDS (on
WIndows) too, as an alernative to PHP's ODBC module.

Thanks,
Trilok

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 5:00 PM, Paul Thurston <pthurston AT netegrate.com>
wrote:
> Andrew:
>

> On Windows, if your using v0.82, you'll need to set the environment
variable
> FREETDSCONF to point to your freetds.conf file.
>
> Also, remember to escape the file path sequence as follows: SET
> FREETDSCONF=C:\\Apps\\FreeTDS\\etc\\freetds.conf
>
> In the freetds.con file itself, make sure that line host=<Address> is a
> valid IP address to the database server.
>

> Paul

Wakefield