freetds - [freetds] Sybase: Charset conversion

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Sebastian Podjasek <sebastian.podjasek AT morenet.pl>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Sybase: Charset conversion
  • Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 10:17:13 +0100

I'm trying to access Sybase DB from my Perl script and currently
I have some problems with FreeTDS characters conversion. From
what I've seen FreeTDS detects that server is using UCS-2LE and
tries to convert from it to UTF-8. As a result it produces some
strange "Chinese characters", but when I do convert that string
back to UCS-2LE, and then convert it as UCS-2BE (instead of
little endian) to UTF-8 - I get what I want.

Is it possible that server reports wrong encoding to me and
because of that FreeTDS is using wrong encoding?

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Sebastian