freetds - [freetds] GUI for SQL Server

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Sammon <freetds-list AT brisammon.fastmail.fm>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] GUI for SQL Server
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 17:34:29 -0400

Can anyone recommend a GUI for querying SQL server from Linux/Unix?

I'm mainly looking for something like "Query Analyzer" that was distributed
with SQL Server 2000, that can display a query in one pane and the results in
a spreadsheet-like display in another pane.

It wouldn't need to be a MSSQL-specific program--I'd be interested in hearing
success stories getting a more general database client GUI working with
FreeTDS (or FreeTDS and UnixODBC)

So far in my google searches I've found ksqlanalyzer
( http://www.freewebs.com/iceman_1/index.htm ), which claims to do what I
want, but I'm having trouble getting it to work, and it has little
documentation.