freetds - Re: [freetds] Connection to Sybase ASA 9.0.2

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Connection to Sybase ASA 9.0.2
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 17:54:15 -0400

Zdenìk Fajfr wrote:
> Has anybody succeeded in connecting to Sybase
> Adaptive Server Anywhere (ASA) v. 9.0.2 via freeTDS?

Definitely. If I understood your transcript correctly, you yourself
connected with tsql.

> To see more details and my configuration, please go to
> http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=954121&tstart=0

The likely problem is that the account under which FreeTDS runs when it's
invoked by Oracle doesn't have rights to the freetds.conf, or its
environment is different, or something like that. Get a TDSDUMP log to
see what's what.

HTH.