freetds - [freetds] freebcp out from MS SQL Server drops spaces [C1]

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Cedric ROUVRAIS <cedric.rouvrais AT sgcib.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] freebcp out from MS SQL Server drops spaces [C1]
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 13:21:08 -0400

Hi guys,

We have several views that we use to format files that have to be sent to
external applications and we have an issue that we have been unable to
resolve. The Free BCP command drop trailing spaces (or inserts tabs) which
mucks up the file.

Usually what we do (with Sybase and MS SQL bcp it works just fine), is

bcp dbInstance.dbUser.dbView out formattedFile.dat -c -t"" ...

FWIW, we're running bcp from Linux.

Any insight would be appreciated :o)

Thanks,

Cedric

This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential, intended
solely for the addressee(s), and may contain legally privileged information.
Any unauthorised use or dissemination is prohibited. E-mails are susceptible
to alteration. Neither SOCIETE GENERALE nor any of its subsidiaries or
affiliates shall be liable for the message if altered, changed or falsified.