freetds - [freetds] No second result set is returned using multiple statements

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Norbert Sendetzky <norbert AT linuxnetworks.de>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] No second result set is returned using multiple statements
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 17:18:50 +0200

Hi all

A contributor to OpenDBX pointed me to a problem which I tracked down to
FreeTDS:

When sending two statements (a select and an insert statement) in a single
SQL
string to a MS SQL Server, FreeTDS only returns one result set for the select
statement. If the same statements are reversed in the SQL string (first
insert, then select), there are two result sets returned as expected, e.g.

INSERT INTO test (id,name) VALUES (1,'test1'); SELECT * FROM test
-> two result sets

SELECT * FROM test; INSERT INTO test (id,name) VALUES (2,'test2')
-> only one result set

I've also tested with libsybdb from Sybase ASE to be sure and it returns
always two result sets.

Norbert
--
OpenPGP public key
http://www.linuxnetworks.de/norbert.pubkey.asc

  • [freetds] No second result set is returned using multiple statements, Norbert Sendetzky, 06/23/2009