freetds - [freetds] SQLDescribeParam not supported by freeTDS Driver? Any work-around.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: nitin sayare <nitinsayare AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] SQLDescribeParam not supported by freeTDS Driver? Any work-around.
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 17:39:13 +0530

Hi All,
I am using freeTDS Version 0.64 to access MSSQL-2005 database
from my Linux machine. I am trying to retrieve the meta-data of the
parameters of the Prepared statement, using SQLDescribeParam(), but when I
call SQLDescribeParam() it gives me error saying "This function is not
supported by the driver". Also, I have checked whether the driver supports
the automatic retrieval of IPD (using SQLGetDescField with SQL_ATTR_AUTO_IPD
attribute) but it returns SQL_FALSE which means it doesn't support aotomatic
retrieval of IPD. (The idea was, I can get the metadata using
SQLGetDescField or SQLGetDescRec). Is there any work-around for this
problem?

Thanks in advance.
nitin