freetds - Re: [freetds] Feedback wanted

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: per AT bends.se, FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Feedback wanted
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 21:08:31 -0400

Per Stenebo wrote:
> I would be most grateful if anyone from you guys would like to stop by
> and have a look at it so I can make some corrections

"replace <dbuser> with <'DOMAINNAME\dbuser'> (apostrophe before and
after).
Tests suggest that <DOMAINNAME\\dbuser> also work."

http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/utilities/xcu_chap02.html

That is a shell feature. Cf. sections 2.2.1 and 2.2.2. Single-quotes and
backslashes are two ways to escape the backslash separating the domain
name from the username. (The character is properly called a "single
quotation mark", by the way. It's an "apostrophe" only when it's used
alone. No matter what Unicode calls it!)

In your Troubleshooting section, I recommend src/apps/odbc to test the
osql connection. It's a shell script that attempts to automatically
verify the ODBC setup.

"unixODBC - is an API"

Inte precis, nej. ODBC defines an Application Programming Interface.
Some of the API is implemented by a "driver manager". unixODBC is a
driver manager.

"freetds - adding drivers för Sybase and Microsoft"

Please call it "FreeTDS", and you probably don't want the dots over that
'o'.

Hoppas det hjälper dig en liten bit. Har det bra.