freetds - [freetds] Different Sybase DB servers with same dataserver name

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: foo bar <nitram29 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Different Sybase DB servers with same dataserver name
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 10:11:35 +0200

Hello,

the situation:
* two Sybase database servers (different hostnames/ips)
* databases are used by 3rd party software product
* my applications needs to access both databases but cannot beacuse both have
the same dataserver

freetds.conf

[dbA]
host = foo
port = 43443
tds version = 5.0

;[dbA]
; host = bar
; port = 43443
; tds version = 5.0

I use Perl to build up connections and execute queries. I want to be able to
connect to both databases at the same time.

How can I do this?

Thanks in advance,
Martin

http://redirect.gimas.net/?n=M0903xSearchVideo
Videosuche - Ganz einfach mit der Live Search