freetds - Re: [freetds] Warning: odbc_exec() [function.odbc-exec]: SQL error: [unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Invalid cursor state, SQL state 24000 in SQLExecDirect in

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Steven J. Backus" <backus AT math.utah.edu>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Warning: odbc_exec() [function.odbc-exec]: SQL error: [unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Invalid cursor state, SQL state 24000 in SQLExecDirect in
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 11:12:28 -0700 (MST)

<robert AT robert-gonzalez.com> wrote:

> Try adding some error checking on your calls along the way. When things fail
> PHP is pretty good at telling you why.

If that were only the case. Anyone ever run into this problem?

CR 556167

Title:
Switch to disable error message 3621.

Workaround:
- NONE

Sanitized:

Feature request for a SET SWITCH option that would cause ASE to not
raise error 3621, allowing a script to pick up and handle the
more-specific previous error.

Details:

ASE will sometimes raise the generic error 3621 "Command has been
aborted." following a more specific message about what caused the
command to be aborted. However, only the most recent error number
is available via @@error.

Customer requests a SET SWITCH option that would cause ASE to not
raise error 3621 so their code can pick up more information about
the real problem described in the previous error message.

Customer is using the Sybase module for PHP; the only method for
retrieving a query error in PHP is sybase_get_last_message(). This
is related to PHP bugid 11262, open since 2001...
http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=11262&edit=2
---

A month has passed and Sybase hasn't found time to work on this
yet. I'm still looking for another solution so if anyone has any
ideas let me know. Apologies if this isn't freetds-y enough for
the list but any port in a storm and all that.

Steve

  • Re: [freetds] Warning: odbc_exec() [function.odbc-exec]: SQL error: [unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Invalid cursor state, SQL state 24000 in SQLExecDirect in, Steven J. Backus, 02/19/2009