freetds - Re: [freetds] Getting it to all work on HPUX

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: christos AT zoulas.com (Christos Zoulas)
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Getting it to all work on HPUX
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 11:13:30 -0500

On Feb 9, 4:41pm, freddy77 AT gmail.com (Frediano Ziglio) wrote:

| 2009/2/9 Christos Zoulas <christos AT zoulas.com>:
| > On Feb 9, 11:34am, freddy77 AT gmail.com (Frediano Ziglio) wrote:
| > -- Subject: Re: [freetds] Getting it to all work on HPUX

| > | > |

| > |
| > | I don't see nothing about getsockopt in tcsh's configure.in, only
| > | about socklen_t (which we already test in our configure script). The
| > | problem is not socklen_t but the use of it in getsockopt !!
| > | Yes, my workaround is ugly...
| >
| > And it will not work for big-endian _LP64 machines where socklen_t is
32bits.
| > I don't know if any such beasts exist. Let me try to find a getsockopt
test.

| > christos
|
| Just to make you smyle....

So, does this work?

#if defined(__hpux) && !defined(_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED)
int socklen;
#else
socklen_t socklen;
#endif

Sorry,^WThankfully I don't have HP/UX so I can't test. Having the same
symbol in two different libraries with different ABI is not the best
solution. Why aren't they using symbol renaming?

christos