freetds - Re: [freetds] Invalid Cursor State

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Invalid Cursor State
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 21:37:02 -0500

Michael Warchut wrote:
> I am making great headway but have run into an issue. When trying to
> do a select and an insert my connection crashes with this in the logs..
>
> [[FreeTDS][SQL Server]Invalid cursor state]

Use TDSDUMP to see the session. I expect you'll find a server error
message in there that your appplication isn't displaying.

But I'm going out on a limb and tell you you'll find a SYBERPND error.
You must retrieve all results before turning around and issuing a new SQL
query. See the FAQ for further details.

(Just trying to help. Apologies if you already knew.)