freetds - Re: [freetds] libtdsodbc.so not stripped

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] libtdsodbc.so not stripped
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 11:37:31 -0500

Sergio Alcolea Guallar wrote:
> I'm using 64-bit unixODBC 2.2.14 and freeTDS 0.82 and it no works (isql
> and tsql OK but not the application). ... I compiled all under 64 bits
> without errors, but when I compiled freeTDS 0.82, the libtdsodbc.so is
> not stripped.
> Could this be a problem? How can I fix this?.

No, that can't be the problem. Stripping won't affect whether or not the
shared object works.

Since isql works, you're configured correctly and connecting to the
database. To fix your application, use TDSDUMP to look for errors, and
make sure you're checking the return codes of every function call.

> Thank you and sorry for my bad English.

Somehow, those who apologize never have need to. :-)