freetds - [freetds] PHP PDO object not working with freetds/unixODBC

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Craig Metrolis" <craigmetrolis AT medicinechestrx.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] PHP PDO object not working with freetds/unixODBC
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 14:14:31 -0600

Hi, I am trying to setup an odbc connection to a Microsoft SQL Express
server using an "ODBC-combined" configuration. Both isql and tsql are
working fine, but whenever I try to run a simple PHP script to connect to
the same DSN, I am getting the following error,

Connection failed: SQLSTATE[08S01] SQLConnect: 20009 [unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL
Server]Unable to connect: Adaptive Server is unavailable or does not exist

Everything seems to be setup correctly so I am lost. Here are my files that
I am using.

ODBC.INI

[ODBC Data Sources]

TESTCON = MSSQL Test

[TESTCON]

Driver = FreeTDS

Description = Test database connection

Trace = No

Servername = MSSQL

Database = TESTCON

UID = blah

PWD = blah

[Default]

Driver = FreeTDS

ODBCINST.INI

[FreeTDS]

Description = The FreeTDS driver library

Driver = /usr/local/freetds/lib/libtdsodbc.so

Setup = /usr/local/freetds/lib/libtdsodbc.so

FREETDS.CONF

[global]

tds version = 4.2

[MSSQL]

host = stored.host.name.from./etc/hosts

instance = SQLEXPRESS

port = 1433

tds version = 8.0

ODBCTEST.PHP

try {

$dbh = new PDO('odbc:TESTCON', 'blah', 'blah');

//Execute the statement.

$sth = $dbh->prepare("SELECT * FROM GLAFS",
array(PDO::ATTR_CURSOR => PDO::CURSOR_FWDONLY));

$sth->execute();

$result = $sth->fetchALL();

print_r($result);

$dbh = NULL;

}

catch(PDOException $e) {

echo 'Connection failed: '.$e->getMessage();

}

Any help would be great! Thanks a lot

Craig