freetds - [freetds] 0.82 freebcp: -h option seems to be broken

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Constantin Vasilyev <vasilyev AT ncbi.nlm.nih.gov>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] 0.82 freebcp: -h option seems to be broken
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 13:53:41 -0500

Hi,

One of our users ran into this problem recently:

> freebcp tempdb.dbo.foo in /tmp/foo.bcp -S MSSQLSRV -c -h CHECK_CONSTRAINTS
> -U xxx -P yyy
Msg 20076, Level 7
bcp_init must be called before any other bcp routines

db-lib: Unable to set hint "CHECK_CONSTRAINTS"

I looked into the code and it appears like freebcp is trying to call
bcp_options before bcp_init.

While being there, I also checked bcp_options function and found that list of
valid
bcp hints is incomplete (FIRE_TRIGGERS hint is missing).

Could someone take a look into that.

Thanks!

Constantin
NCBI contractor, DBA